We are delighted you are interested in joining our Club, and we look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you into our ranks. This page contains all the information you need to know to make a suitable application.
Proposer: Your application must contain the name of your Proposer who is a current Full Member of the Club. The Membership Committee may accept the Clerk to your Livery Company as a Proposer in lieu of a Full Member. If you are not sure if your Proposer is suitable, please ask the Clerk: email@example.com
Application Form: Please complete this Application Form with the accompanying Direct Debit Mandate, and post it to the Clerk at City Livery Club, Bell Wharf Lane, Upper Thames Street, London EC4R 3TB.
Full Membership is available to:
- Liverymen and Freemen of City Livery Companies
- Members of the Worshipful Company of Parish Clerks, the Watermen and Lightermen Company of the River Thames, and City of London Companies without Livery approved by the Aldermanic Court
- The current Master and the Clerk of a Livery Company may both join for a single subscription fee.
Associate Membership (i.e. without voting rights)
Associate Membership is available to:
- Freemen of the City of London
- Freemen of the City of London Guilds approved by the Aldermanic Court
- Members of the Guild of Freemen of the City of London
- Members of the Guild of Young Freemen of the City of London
- Members of the Honourable Company of Freemen of the City of London of North America
- Members of Ward Clubs of the City of London
- Members of the United Wards Club of the City of London
- Members of the Institute of Directors, City of London Branch
- Members of the Royal Society of St. George, City of London Branch
- Members of the Guildable Manor of Southwark
- Members of the Trades House of Glasgow
- Members of the Worshipful Livery Company of Wales
- Members of the Guild of Scriveners of the City of York
- Members of the Company of Cordwainers of the City of York
- Members of the Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire
- Members of the Company of Merchant Taylors of the City of York
- Members of the Company of Merchant Adventurers of York
- Members of the Society of Merchant Adventurers, Bristol
- Members of the Fellmongers Company of Richmond, Yorkshire
- Members of the Shrewsbury Drapers Company
- Members of the Incorporation of Weavers, Fullers and Shearmen of Exeter
- The above organisations may take out a joint membership for any two current Senior Officers (normally including the Clerk or Hon. Secretary) for a single subscription fee.
Membership runs from 1st October to 30th September, and the first year’s subscription is prorated if you join after the start of the membership year.
The annual subscription is payable by Direct Debit from 1st October. There is no joining fee.
|Full & Associate* Members (Aged 45 – 75)||£300.00|
|Full & Associate* Members (Under 45 / 75 and over)||£150.00|
|Partner-Spouse* Members / Overseas Members**||£150.00|
|* Excluded from becoming a committee member and having voting rights|
|** Permanent residence abroad|
Applications are considered four times a year by the Club’s Membership and Development Committee and by Council. The following timetable applies:
|Application received by||Council considers in||Applicant notified by||New Members admitted by|
|31st December||January||end February||1st March|
|31st March||April/May||end May||1st June|
|30th June||July||end September||1st October|
|30th September||October||end November||1st December|
The first year’s rates are prorated for new Members if joining part-way through the year:
|Joining date||Subscription rate|