We are delighted you have decided to join the Club and we look forward to welcoming you into our ranks. Before you apply, this page contains all the information you need to know to make a suitable application.
Proposer: Your application must contain the name of your Proposer who is a current full Member of the Club. If you are not sure if your Proposer is a full Member, please ask the Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form: Please complete this PDF application form with the accompanying Direct Debit Mandate and post it to the Clerk at City Livery Club, Bell Wharf Lane, Upper Thames Street, London EC4R 3TB.
Full Membership is available to:
- Liverymen and Freemen of City Livery Companies
- Members of the Watermen & Lightermen Company of the River Thames, and the Worshipful Company of Parish Clerks
- The current Master and the Clerk of a Livery Company may both join for a single subscription fee.
Associate Membership (i.e. without voting rights)
Associate Membership is available to:
- Freemen of the City of London
- Freemen of the City of London Guilds approved by the Aldermanic Court
- Members of the Guild of Freemen of the City of London
- Members of the Guild of Young Freemen
- Members of the Honourable Company of Freemen of the City of London of North America
- Members of Ward Clubs
- Members of the United Wards Club of the City of London
- Members of the Institute of Directors, City of London Branch
- Members of the Royal Society of St. George, City of London Branch
- Members of the Guildable Manor of Southwark
- Members of the Trades House of Glasgow
- Members of the Worshipful Livery Company of Wales
- Members of the Guild of Scriveners of the City of York
- Members of the Company of Cordwainers of the City of York
- Members of the Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire
- Members of the Company of Merchant Taylors of the City of York
- Members of the Company of Merchant Adventurers of York
- Members of the Society of Merchant Adventurers, Bristol
- Members of the Fellmongers Company of Richmond, Yorkshire
- Members of the Shrewsbury Drapers Company
- Members of the Incorporation of Weavers, Fullers and Shearmen of Exeter
- The above organisations may take out a joint membership for any two current Senior Officers (normally including the Clerk or Hon. Secretary) for a single subscription fee.
Membership runs from 1st October to 30th September, and the first year’s subscription is prorated if you join on 1st November or later.
The annual subscription is payable by Direct Debit from 1st October. There is no joining fee.
|Full & Associate* Members (Aged 45 – 75)||£300.00|
|Full & Associate* Members (Under 45)||£150.00|
|Overseas Members** / Members over 75 / Partner-Spouse* Members||£150.00|
|* Excluded from becoming a committee member and having voting rights|
|** Permanent residence abroad|
Applications are considered four times a year by the Club’s Membership and Development Committee and by Council. The following timetable applies:
|Application received by||Council considers||Applicant notified||New members admitted|
|31 December||January||end January||1 February|
|31 March||April||end April||1 May|
|30 June||July||end July||1 August|
|30 September||October||end October||1 November|
Reductions in the first year’s rates are available for those who become Members in the following periods:
|Joining date||Subscription rate|
|1 August||1/12 |
(the Club is closed for
part of August each year)