We are delighted you have decided to join the Club and we look forward to welcoming you into our ranks. Before you apply, this page contains all the information you need to know to make a suitable application. You may wish to read our Equal Opportunities policy (link to be provided).
Your application must contain the name of your Proposer who is a current full Member of the Club. If you are not sure if your Proposer is a full Member, please ask the Clerk: email@example.com
To complete your online application form please click here.
If you are unable to complete the form online, complete this PDF version and post it to the Clerk at The City Livery Club, 42 Crutched Friars, London EC3N 2AP.
Full Membership is available to:
- Liverymen and Freemen of City Livery Companies
- Members of the Watermen and Lightermen and Parish Clerks’ Companies.
- The current Master and the Clerk of a Livery Company may both join for a single subscription fee.
Associate Membership (i.e. without voting rights)
Associate Membership is available to:
- The Guild of Freemen of the City of London
- The Guild of Young Freemen
- Members of Ward Clubs.
- Ward Clubs may take out a joint membership for any two current Ward Club Officers (normally including the Hon. Secretary), for a single fee.
- Freemen of the City of London
- City Branch members of the Institute of Directors,
- City Branch members of the Royal Society of St. George
- Members of the Guildable Manor of Southwark
- Freemen of City of London Guilds approved by the Aldermanic Court
- Members of the Trades House of Glasgow
- Members of the Worshipful Livery Company of Wales
- Members of the Guild of Scriveners of York
- Members of the Guild of Cordwainers of York
- Members of the Cutlers of Hallamshire
- Members of the Merchant Taylors of York
- Members of the Merchant Adventurers of York
- Members of the Merchant Adventurers of Bristol
- Members of the Fellmongers of Richmond
- Members of the Drapers of Shrewsbury
- Members of the Incorporation of Weavers, Fullers and Shearmen of Exeter
The annual subscription is payable by Direct Debit from 1 October. There is no joining fee.
|Full & Associate* Members (Aged 45 – 75)||£300.00|
|Full & Associate* Members (Under 45)||£150.00|
|Overseas Members** / Members over 75 / Partner-Spouse* Members||£150.00|
* Excluded from becoming a committee member and having voting rights ** Permanent residence abroad
Membership runs from October to September, and the first year’s subscription is discounted if you join on 1 November or later.
Applications are considered four times a year by the Club’s Membership and Development Committee and by Council. The following timetable applies:
|Application received by||Council considers||Applicant notified||New members admitted|
|31 December||January||end January||1 February|
|31 March||April||end April||1 May|
|30 June||July||end July||1 August|
|30 September||October||end October||1 November|
Reductions in the first year’s rates are available for those who become Members in the following periods:
|Joining date||Subscription rate|
|1 August||1/12 |
(the Club is closed for
part of August each year)